- The introduction of a new school wide approach to praise, reward and sanctions through merits and demerits.
- Staff, parents and students are able to access immediate updates to praise, rewards and sanctions through the Satchel app and platform, including updates in relation to behaviour, attitudes, attendance and punctuality and further infringements of the behaviour and attitudes policy.
- The school attendance manager updates pastoral and senior leaders to ensure swift and effective action is taken to address issues with attendance or punctuality.
- Trinity maintains a strong focus on attendance and punctuality, including clear and effective behaviour and attendance policies that all staff apply consistently and fairly.
- Pastoral and senior leaders continue to develop students’ motivation and positive attitudes to learning through praise and reward merits.
- Detailed record of sanctions, interventions, after school detentions, punctuality and attendance are maintained in order to identify interventions, patterns and support pastoral analysis.
Introduction to Satchel One for Students
- Keep track of all your homework online with your personal To-do List.
- View any points or badges you’ve earned for being a positive influence in school.
- Download the mobile app to receive push notifications for new homework, upcoming deadlines and behaviour feedback. You can also view your timetable on the move!
|Homework||Access all your homework online with full instructions from your teacher.|
|Attendance||View your attendance and punctuality rates.|
|To-do List||Your personal To-do List helps you manage your time and workload. All your homework is listed in chronological order by the due date, so when you’ve finished a task, just tick it off. No more surprise deadlines!|
|Behaviour||View full details of any points or badges you’ve been given. Any feedback, good or bad, will include a reason and the name of the member of staff who issued it.|
|Detentions||See full details of any detentions you receive.|
|Gradebook||Use the Gradebook to track any grades you receive. Spelling Tests and Quizzes are graded automatically, giving you instant feedback.|
|Comments||You can leave a comment for your teacher before the homework is due. Ask questions to ensure you understand fully, or request a time slot for face-to-face support.|
|Timetable||View your lesson timetable in full.|
|Mobile app||Download the free mobile app to view all this information on the move. Set up push notifications for new homework set, feedback from your teacher and upcoming deadlines.|
Resources for Students
For the most up to date Student resources, please visit the Satchel One Help Centre where you will find articles and video guides covering all areas of Satchel One.
Introducing Parents to Satchel One
- Complete homework transparency means you’ll see exactly what your child has been set and when it’s due. No more confusion!
- Review homework feedback left by your child’s teachers as it happens, rather than hearing it second hand.
- Download the Show My Homework app to access homework on the move. Set up push notifications for when new homework is set and reminders for upcoming deadlines.
|Homework||See your child’s completed, upcoming and overdue homework in full detail. Teachers can add web links, resources and instructions to ensure you have everything you need to confidently support your child’s home learning.|
|Gradebook||View any homework feedback left by your child’s teachers including submission statuses, grades and comments. If your child has been asked to resubmit their work, the teacher’s comments will help you provide further support.|
|Notice Board||Keep up to date with important school announcements and upcoming events without having to rely on your child writing down the information or bringing letters home.|
|Support multiple children||If you have more than one child using Show My Homework, you’ll see all this information for each child in one place – even if they attend different schools!|
|Mobile app||Download the free mobile app to view your child’s homework on the move at any time. You only have to log in once, after which you’ll receive push notifications to keep you in the loop. The app is also a great alternative if you don’t have access to a computer at home.|
|Alerts & reminders||Set up email alerts or push notifications for new homework set, feedback from your child’s teacher, upcoming deadlines and school events.|
Parent User Guides
Parent Satchel Code
Once your child has logged into Satchel One, you will then be able to get your parent pin code which you will need to access your account:
- Ask your child to log into their account, in the top left-hand corner you should see the child’s name and photo. Select ‘Account Settings’.
- On the page which comes up, navigate to the right-hand side of the screen, and scroll down to where it says ‘My Parent Code’, then click ‘Show code’. This is the code you need to set your account up.
Once you have the code, go to the login screen of Satchel (just google search- ‘Satchel One’, select ‘Parent’, then click ‘I don’t have an account yet’, enter your email address and parent code. More information can be found here