Reporting to: Director of English
Suitable for: ECT’s or Experienced teachers
Contract: Full time
Start date: Easter or September 2024
Salary: MPS/UPS (£34,515-£51,177)+ Outer London Pay
Disclosure level: Enhanced
Successful applicants would be joining an outstanding, friendly and well-established department. This would be an exciting opportunity for either a newly qualified or more experienced teacher to work within an ambitious and supportive department in a high achieving school. Teachers in our English department are fully committed to their continued professional development and excellent opportunities exist to develop as a practitioner here. The English Department has a strong academic ethos combined with a vibrant extra-curricular programme that inspires students to achieve outstanding results.
Our students follow the AQA English syllabus at GCSE and at A Level where we offer A Level English Literature and A Level English Language and Literature. This position is full time and we require someone with a strong subject knowledge to work across KS3 and KS4.
- All classes are taught in mixed ability groups from Year 7 upwards.
- The English Department achieves outstanding results at all key stages.
- There is an opportunity to teach KS5 if the successful applicant has experience.
We are seeking a professional who is:
- An enthusiastic English specialist with the ability to teach across all of the Key Stages
- Passionate about English Education and has excellent subject knowledge
- Ambitious and committed to the very highest standards of student learning.
- Keen to challenge and enthuse our diverse student population.
- An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement and development.
We can only accept applications made on our school application form. Download this from our website: www.tchs.org.uk/about-us/employment/ or via the TES portal
- Tel: 020 8504 3419
- Email: [email protected]
- Closing date for applications: 8th March 2024
- Interviews take place: Information will follow shortly
Early applications are welcome
Trinity Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding children. Further details of this can be found on our website https://www.tchs.org.uk/about-us/safeguarding/
Successful candidates must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and a satisfactory enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring service (DBS). Please note, due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We reserve the right to call applicants to interview prior to the closing date